Fourteen Maintenance Tips For A Blockage - Free Drain System
A System With A Clogged Drain Is Really Inconvenient Particularly When It Occurs At The Most Inopportune Time. In addition to posing health risks, the undrained water in the sink (or bath) and flooding can cause air pollution. Maintenance can be used to avoid situations such as these.
A clogged drain is caused by the accumulation of debris, small objects, grease, or the intrusion of tree roots into your drainage system. Even if blockages don't occur in your own pipes, they can happen in the larger main lines q leading to problem's for a number of people.
Why Let Your Drainage System Get Clogged Up When With These Fifteen Maintenance Tips, You Can Prevent It?
1. A plunger is effective against minor clogs. Use it.
2. Remove the stoppers in the bathtub and clean out your drain a couple times a week. Make sure to wash the stopper itself before putting it back.
3. If You And Your Family Shed A Lot Of Hair, Check For A Mesh Barrier To Prevent Hair From Getting Caught In The Drain. You wouldn't let food just fall into the kitchen sink, so in the same manner, keep your hair from going down your bathroom pipes.
4. To prevent hair from accumulating in the drains, try brushing your hair ahead of a bath to remove broken strands.
5. Have a plumber install grates over your drains. Use A Non - Corrosive, Bacteriological Drain Cleaner.
6. Think ahead before planting trees or flowers near your drainage system's pipework.
7. An annual contract with a drainage company will provide regular inspections and servicing for your drainage system. Drainage South Yorkshire offers this kind of contract to people in and around South Yorkshire. Let your household members know the benefits of maintaining your home's drainage system. They should play an active role in contributing to its maintenance.
8. Cease using chemical cleaners. They are corrosive and will damage your pipes overtime.
9. Stop Treating Your Drain Like A Dustbin. It is not a dustbin.
10. Do not pour the following down the drain cosmetics, medicine, condoms, hair, gum, rice, meat, coffee, fat, oil and grease.
11. Ensure that only water flows down your sink drain and nothing but urine, faeces and water through your toilet drain.
12. As A Practical Technique; Use A Straightened Wire Coat Hanger With A Hooked End, And Slide It Into The Drain Hole. extract Debris And Similar Blockages From Your Drains.
13. Pour hot saltwater down your sink from time to time to clear out accumulation of grease.
14. There are many maintenance tips for your drains, these are just a handful; a few of which are alternative solutions. But, you must never use chemicals.
If you are still encountering drainage issues after you practice these tips and don not have access to a drainage company, do not worry about it. Rather, contact a plumber or drain specialist immediately. For residents in the South Yorkshire area, Drainage South Yorkshire are the perfect solution to all your drainage system needs.